About 6 weeks ago, I noticed that Charlie's right eye crossed whenever he looked at me for more than a few seconds. At first, I thought he was just playing tricks with his eyes and told him to quit it, but he couldn't stop. Each day it got progressively worse.
So I took him to our pediatrician and two optometrists, and found out that Charlie has what's called "strabidium" or an "eye turn." It translates into this: Charlie can see fine. But only because he's using five times the amount of muscle and strain that another kid with perfect vision could do. As he's getting older, the muscles in his eyes are starting to get tired and they begin resting in the crossed position.
So these are the glasses that we came up with. He's still getting used to them and says everything moves when he when he wears them. But I'm so glad we figured it all out before it got any worse.
And I can't neglect the Dilly von Dillskers. STILL the happiest, most easy going baby I know.
October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
He looks so handsome! I love little kids in glasses. So sophisticated already at age 3. My 3 year old nephew also just got glasses. He is so much more content and easy going now. Way to get things figured out! Dylan couldn't be any cuter. I am so glad that he is content and happy. We miss you guys!
what handsome dudes. my daughter recently got glasses, too. it's taken some adjusting, but mostly for me. it's just weird when all of a sudden your child looks totally different and people get a different impression of her now. like that she's a genius. which she is. :)
I'll never forget when I started wearing my first pair of glasses. I had just started grade school and my friend said I looked like a teacher. Man I felt sooooo good. Go Charlie and welcome to the club!!
LC
P.S. tell him he looks like a teacher for me. And tell him teachers and really really smart.
I'm feeling a lil' bit like a 12-year-old today so ...
2 Cute x 2!
So cute! Both of them. I just got new glasses after about 5 years of not updating my perscription and they feel so weird when I where them.. everything moves.. I had forgotten that part of it. I don't like it.
But way to be brave Charlie! and the Dillskers.. sooooo cute.
he looks so sophisticated in those cute glasses. such handsome boys, you have!
don't forget cutest and best dressed for mr. dill.
oh josie! he looks so cute! honest. so cute.
Wow, he looks so studious! Way cute picture too!
Those glasses look much cooler than the first pair I got when I was 5. They were pink and purple swirly plastic frames with a rose tatooed on the corner of the lens. I wanted my name but my parents wouldn't let me. Just make sure that you take his glasses off for pics because it bugs me when people don't. And explain to him that when he gets to school and the optometrist tells him to use them for board work that it means when the teacher writes on the board and not whenever he is bored! Just a little experience of my own.
Thanks for coming down yesterday--it was fun and Benson and I miss Dillan's chubby face;) PS: Kayla tried to pull Charlie's "baby voice" singing this morning...I nipped that one in the bud! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment