Christmas
For Christmas, we flew to Justin's family's house and spent a week with them. Here's Justin's sister, Cammi and the Dillskers
This is how Dylan spent Christmas morning
Justin and his Grandma
Justin's brother, Casey and his "girl that he's dating, but not his girlfriend" Ashley
Justin's brother, Janson and his wife, Yvette
Grandpa and Dylan
Grandma putting presents under the tree...most of which were for Charlie. He got really spoiled from Justin's mom this year.
Decorating gingerbread houses
Charlie and Grandma Hoagie

We had fun. Chalie was spoiled with presents, Dylan was held, I got to sleep in, and Justin actually got to be there (you know, with his work schedule and everything because he has a JOB!)
The flight situation was a little sketchy for all of us, though. Justin didn't fly with me and the boys because he was there for a shorter time (because of that whole JOB thing). So on the way back home, I was at the airport with Charlie and Dylan and found out that our plane was delayed 2 hours and 40 minutes. So during that time of stalling in the airport alone with two kids, I took Charlie to the restroom.
He ended up wetting his pants. So I threw away his underwear and shoved a burp rag in his pants so that it wouldn't be wet on his skin. Then about five minutes later, Dylan pooped up his back. I threw away his onesie and he was left in a belly shirt and one sock because I lost the other one.
We then spent the rest of the time buying lots of candy and watching Charlie run around a pole. I was certain that once the boys got on the plane they would fall asleep...with a 2 1/2 hour flight that left at 8pm, who wouldn't? Charlie and Dylan, that's who.
It was a long 7 1/2 hours to get home, but I'd do it all over again if it meant having a fun week with Justin's family.
This is how Dylan spent Christmas morning
Justin and his Grandma
Justin's brother, Casey and his "girl that he's dating, but not his girlfriend" Ashley
Justin's brother, Janson and his wife, Yvette
Grandpa and Dylan
Grandma putting presents under the tree...most of which were for Charlie. He got really spoiled from Justin's mom this year.
Decorating gingerbread houses
Charlie and Grandma Hoagie
We had fun. Chalie was spoiled with presents, Dylan was held, I got to sleep in, and Justin actually got to be there (you know, with his work schedule and everything because he has a JOB!)The flight situation was a little sketchy for all of us, though. Justin didn't fly with me and the boys because he was there for a shorter time (because of that whole JOB thing). So on the way back home, I was at the airport with Charlie and Dylan and found out that our plane was delayed 2 hours and 40 minutes. So during that time of stalling in the airport alone with two kids, I took Charlie to the restroom.
He ended up wetting his pants. So I threw away his underwear and shoved a burp rag in his pants so that it wouldn't be wet on his skin. Then about five minutes later, Dylan pooped up his back. I threw away his onesie and he was left in a belly shirt and one sock because I lost the other one.
We then spent the rest of the time buying lots of candy and watching Charlie run around a pole. I was certain that once the boys got on the plane they would fall asleep...with a 2 1/2 hour flight that left at 8pm, who wouldn't? Charlie and Dylan, that's who.
It was a long 7 1/2 hours to get home, but I'd do it all over again if it meant having a fun week with Justin's family.

5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is terrible about the airport. I would have cried. What a woman you are!
Justin's Grandma is the cutest little lady I have ever seen.
justin's brother should totally ask that girl to be his girlfriend. she's cute. it looks like you had tons of fun. minus the airport experience, of course. sorry about that.
by the way, your family looked so beautiful on your christmas card. it's like you are all models, or something.
I can totally picture all of that in my head...LOL! And it is perfect!
PS- Why do you look like a model in every christmas card you send...you suck!
That sounded like quite the trip. I hope our's goes more smoothly tomorrow. Check out my blog. I finally put something on it. Can you believe it? It only took a month and a half. I'll do better when I get home. I promise. You have to come up next week, so we can catch up.
Post a Comment