January 04, 2008

I'm Coming Out of the Closet

Here goes nothing ... I don't like A Christmas Story. There, I've said it. It's out. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and now I can take a deep breath. Oh the sweet freedom of being honest with myself.



Every Christmas I watch it, and every Christmas I think, "This is supposed to be funny. Why am I not laughing?" Mostly it's just weird and frankly, I can't stand the narrator's voice. Ralphy's annoying, and I spend most of my time visualizing how I would round brush the mom's hair if I had the chance.



Don't get me wrong...I'm all about certain shows as tradition. Like Twilight Zone at Thanksgiving. But if I have to watch A Christmas Story one more time, I'm going to be sick, or maybe just fall asleep.



Hah! Blasphemy? Maybe, but at least I can go to be with a clear conscience.

8 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

yes, but don't you think that laura kind of looks like ralphie?

also, i do think the lamp is hysterical if nothing else. it does seem kind of dark though, doesn't it?

BRIAR said...

congrats! welcome "out."
I Hate that movie too. It makes me feel depressed or like I have the flu. Their life just gives me yucky feelings. Maybe it's genetic, but I'm with you Josie.

Ashby said...

You are not alone! I hate that movie too. They had a marathon of it at my mother-in-law's. Ugh. I've never understood the whole premise of it, and I don't want to waste my time and try! Glad to know I'm in good company!

stephanie said...

ah! i love that movie! even though you don't like it, i think we can still be friends.

Lia said...

The horror! I watch it several times a year, just for comfort--in addition, I introduced it to Kayla at age 3 and she has since been in nervous awe of Scott Farkas. Like it or not, holiday classic:)

Mrs. Dub said...

enough with the ralphie resemblance comments! for that very reason, a movie i used to love is now a little hard for me to watch.

lori said...

Its okay Josie
We replaced "thechristmas story" with "elf". much better.

HOO said...

Oh Josie, how could you? Well, just as long as you don't prefer that awful It's A Wonderful Life...