January 14, 2008

Foodie Wannabe


There are two types of people: Those that eat to live and those that live to eat. I happen to be in the first category. If I don't eat, I get sick...and seriously grouchy. When I was in college, Lindsey used to carry orange juice in her purse when I was around just so I wouldn't turn into the grinch suddenly when my stomach was empty.

Because of this, I just eat whatever I can whenever I can...usually just cereal when I'm home or granola bars when I'm out.

I eat to feel better.

But when I'm full...usually after polishing off a bowl of cereal, I like to pretend that I'm a foodie. (And since I'm having problems with my links, you can find out what a foodie is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodie) I think it's fun to listen to people talk about food, and I love to watch shows about food. And since we only have basic cable and don't get the Food Network, one of my favorite shows is Check, Please! Bay Area. (www.kqed.org/checkplease)

It's just a group of average joes that get together and talk food.

Maybe it's because I have scurvy from lack of variety in my diet, but there's something so great about learning about delicious dishes.

And someday when I grow up, and we're able to go to restaurants, I too, will be a partaker of the bounty that is in San Francisco. And who knows, maybe I'll even become more than just a wannabe foodie.

5 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

it actually took me a long time to stop carrying around oj in my bag. habits. miss you!

Janni said...

I LOVE food, and I love Josie! :)

calibosmom said...

Love food! The Food Network is always on at our house. I get many a recipe from them online. Sorry you can't get it but check out their website!

Fish Nat!on said...

amen. gosh i love good food. especially cheese.

Lia said...

Okay, as a fellow non-cable-haver, Check Please Bay Area is among my MOST favorite shows to watch! Do you share this sentiment: when someone's restaurant pick gets severely critisized do you feel embarresed FOR them, even on the other side of the screen? Awkward. How have we been friends for so long and this secret shared love has never surfaced? What else don't I know about you?