I had an epiphany today
Hairdressers who work at Cost Cutters work there because they can't get a job at a salon.
Maybe I should have figured this out months ago after Charlie's first bad hair cut. But its taken me about a year of "just give it a couple weeks and it will grow out" to realize that even though it's different stylists every time, each cut is just as bad as the previous.
Now, I must give the nice ladies at Cost Cutters credit for being so happy and talkative. And for always giving Charlie a toy and a sucker when he's done. And for the fact that they do a slightly better job than I could do.
But that's the problem. It's just slightly better than something I could do....which doesn't say much for them.
This last haircut, I went in and asked the lady to give him a trim. He came out looking like the army barber had gotten ahold of the clippers.
I think maybe I'll just be done with the whole haircut thing... and later when Charlie's hair is down to his ankles, he can start the "Crystal Gale is cool" club at his high school. I'd join it.

3 comments:
i just need to learn how to cut hair and then i could give our boys a trim after we've finished your color.
how hard can a pair of clippers be anyway?
let's be honest, you'd be begging to go back to cost cutters by the time i was finished!
ohmigosh josie
so funny. just go for the fullhead shave. problem solved.
This is a different sara this time ... but I wanted to say that your epiphany is really helping things get into perspective for me too! We go to Great Clips and I know it's the same situation. Only doing "slightly better" than I can do myself! Is it worth the sucker? Hmmm...
Post a Comment