Dumbest Marriage Advice...
Never go to bed angry.
I can't stand it when people say that. Please, if it's late and you're feeling angry, go to bed. Staying up to hash things out only makes things worse.
I can't stand it when people say that. Please, if it's late and you're feeling angry, go to bed. Staying up to hash things out only makes things worse. Trust me, I've tried it. I just end up getting more worked up and can't sleep anyway.
Nothing clears my mind like rest.
Of course, I feel strongly that when Justin and I disagree on something, we HAVE to talk about it. It never goes away...instead it brews and shows its ugly head as something else later.
But we don't have to talk about it right now. We can talk about it after I've eaten or slept or had some time away to think about it.
So there's my unsolicited advice on marriage for the day. Enjoy.
Nothing clears my mind like rest.
Of course, I feel strongly that when Justin and I disagree on something, we HAVE to talk about it. It never goes away...instead it brews and shows its ugly head as something else later.
But we don't have to talk about it right now. We can talk about it after I've eaten or slept or had some time away to think about it.
So there's my unsolicited advice on marriage for the day. Enjoy.

6 comments:
i agree with you completely! nothing is worse than arguing with your husband, except arguing with him late at night.
fo' real. if we get into an argument before 8 p.m., it last less than 15 minutes. if we get into way any later, it could go all night (and into the morning). since sleep is so precious to me as a mom, i often find myself taking the blame before i'm ready just so i can go to bed. and you know what? i never regret it. (taking the blame and getting to sleep sooner!)
I whole-heartedly agree with you on this one too. I usually need to take a step back before anything can be solved.. and nothing makes my husband feel guiltier than me going to bed mad at him!! I'm kidding. not really.
Argue? Huh? We decided when we got married we wouldn't do that. Marriage is a breeze now!
You and Justin look different in that picture. It's been too long since I've seen you both.
I'm impressed that you both set up the tripod and took a blog photo even though you were so angry.
Yes.. when did you dye your hair?
WHA?
Post a Comment