September 11, 2008

When I grow up I want to be like Charlie

First of all, Charlie is master of all things creative. He found my make up bag and created this look for himself. (In case you're wondering, I wrote his name with lip liner on his forehead backwards so he could see it in the mirror).

But most importantly, Charlie is the BEST example of unwaivering faith. The kid LOVES to pray and always recognizes when his prayers are answered.

The other day we were getting ready to go to the gym and he was saying the prayer before we left..."Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to have fun at the gym. Please help the kids to be nice to me and please bless that another kid will want to be with me."

As soon as we walked in, there was a little boy that said, "Charlie! Will you come play with me?" Charlie gave me this cute look and when we got home, we talked about how Heavenly Father answered his prayer.

Then two days ago we were going to a little gymnastics class for him and as we're getting out of the car he said, "Mom I'm scared. Lets say a prayer." So he asked me to pray for him that he wouldn't be nervous.

As we were walking in I said, "Are you afraid?" He said, "no mom! We said a prayer!" Sheesh!

If I had one kajillionth of Charlie's faith, I would be so stoked. Until then, I can lean on him.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Aren't kids the best?! Enjoy this time with them.

stephanie said...

everything i hear about charlie tells me that you are a great mom, josie.

sara said...

no honest, i could eat that kid with a spoon! love me some charlie bug.

amber said...

i miss charlie and his darling face and his bluest of all the eyes in the world. you really hit the jackpot with your kids, jos. but your boys hut the jackpot with you as a mom, so i guess it's all fair.

Lindsey from The R House said...

you are a great mom, josie. i especially love it when you take your kids to the pool. (inside joke.)

you better hug and squeeze that little one as i am pretty sure he is going to be translated like tomorrow.

love him.

Heather said...

for real. that almost makes me cry.. (almost :)

What a fantastic kid.. and amen to everyone else on their fantastic mom.. I totally was her mission companion so I know.

And hey.. Kirk and I are wanting to do some business/pass-along cards with our adoption info.. and I had the most BRILLIANT idea! We are so going to order them from your brother-in-law. It's the Mandate Press right? He has on there that you can get 250 for $95!! I'm totally stoked. They will be so beatiful and all the birth moms will want to choose us. I just know it. That's what we've been missing this last 14 months!