December 10, 2008

Here's my mantra

Heels for church and flip flops for everything else. And Uggs on rainy days. But it has to be really, really rainy for that.

But I think I'm getting soft in my old age because my feet are COLD. I think it has to do with the fact that we only have a heater in our family room and the rest of the house is the arctic tundra. Or that it's in the 40's in the mornings when I'm out and about with the kids.

Whatever the reason, I've been looking for a solution to my VERY serious problem. Here's the deal. I love flip flops because they're casual, easy, and I think cute. I've tried flats. No likey. I have at least five pairs in my closet that just sit there and get dusty because in the store I think, "oh, those are cute." But when I get home, I never think, "Oh, this would look really cute with a pair of flats." They make me feel old. And soccer momish. Even though that's what I am.

But I'm bucking the system! So I found these charcoal Converse, and I just got them in the mail from zappos. I actually have to go buy some socks to wear with them, but I'm excited to try them out!


9 comments:

stephanie said...

i'm with you, josie. converse are my shoe of choice when flip flops aren't an option, too. i love them in grey.

Lindsey from The R House said...

good luck, friend. i will be praying for you.

xoxoxox

Mrs. Dub said...

i've gotten used to wearings shoes - flip-flops are truly seasonal here - but i canNOT get used to wearing socks. hate 'em. i've been known to wear a knee-high boot without them.

Grandpa said...

Jos, you need to borrow one of our 10 space heaters that we have thanks to living in the arctic tundra of San Bruno. They are just collecting dust in our garage since we actually have heat that works now. So get your cold little tootsies up here and get yourself a couple of heaters.

Oh, love the shoes by the way. I really need to invest in some because I swear my feet are going to be as wide as they are long if I keep wearing flip flops, but I do love them.
(this is Lisa by the way and not grandpa Temple, I'm just logged in on his account)

Lia said...

Thanks for clarifying Lisa, because I was truly confused about a grandpa who was concerned about the width overpowering the length of his feet due to flip flop wear!
PS Cute Cons--Vans are my everyday shoe of choice, though I do feel a little bit like I'm in high school wearing them...

Heather said...

Very cute! Much better than flats!:)

Anonymous said...

Jos,
Do you think Snoop Dogg's been wearing Chucks this whole time for nuthin'? Bout time you got wise.

Love you.

Jaime said...

Dude, I have the same problem and now I own about 4 pairs of Roxy slip on loafers. They are just as comfy as flip flops, super cute,and no socks required because they are fluffy inside. Rock on my friend!

April Kennedy said...

I thought about you today...as I slid on my uggs! Hellooooo...why are you only wearing uggs on rainy days? I'm either in flip flops or uggs....not much in between for me. I bought cream converse awhile back...but don't wear them...maybe I should try brown...I like brown...I don't know though..something about tieing (sp?) shoes that stops me from putting them on.

Hope the converse are working! And give uggs a chance on cold mornings...they are heavenly...no socks required!