An overdue update
We've been busy. Well, not so much me, but rather Justin's mom who stayed with us for a week and my mom who stayed with us for four days. (I have so many great pictures with Susan, but we downloaded them into a different spot, so you'll just have to give me a little while until I can figure out how to get them out of there.)
Both of them were SO nice and helpful and cooked and cleaned and did ALL the dishes. Tonight was the first time I've done dishes in two weeks!
Now that they're both gone and Justin's back to work, I'm a little scared for reality to set in, but I am so glad that I had so much help during the first weeks of adjustment.
Okay, so maybe it's a little premature for the headband, but so funny.
My mom helping Charlie make popcorn balls.
Being tourists for the day at Twin Peaks
And Dylan giving love to Macy. He is so incredibly NOT gentle when he holds her (which he wants to do all the time). And doesn't want any help. A little scary for me.
As for me, I'm feeling great. The first week is kind of a blur. I was tired and trying to figure out the whole nursing and not sleeping thing again. But now I feel like we're starting to get in a rhythm. Justin takes a feeding every night which has SAVED me. It gives me a good stretch of sleep so I don't feel crazy exhausted the next day. Macy is the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I could spend my ENTIRE day staring at her. She is mellow and slow and perfect perfect perfect. SO worth everything to get her here!

6 comments:
That was a perfect update! The headband is hilarious and you look great as a tourist just weeks post-partum!
Congrats again.
oh man, that headband! she's so pretty, josie. i'm glad you had lots of help. you look great!
That's just the update I've been waiting for!
Wow, Josie-- congratulations! Macy is beautiful, truly. And, I'm so glad you're up to getting out and about already. Super Mom, for sure! And, I am AMAZED at how gorgeous you looked right after delivering her! Are you sure you were pregnant at all and that you actually had her? Those pics in the hospital look a little too perfect.... Again, so happy for you! Now you and Sara will have girls close together. So perfect. XOXO
oh my word! that last picture. you are killing me.
i think i need a new baby now too. she to totally DARLING!
She is beautiful! Sounds like you are happy! You look terrific! The boys look great too. Congrats again!
Post a Comment