Happy Birthday to me two weeks late
Justin TOTALLY pulled through for my birthday this year. Since it was on a Sunday, he said it was my bday weekend. On Friday night, he let me pick out a total chick flick. I chose 'Country Strong' and so wish I hadn't because it felt like a really bad high school play. Then on Saturday he took me out to dinner to THE BEST thai restaurant in the city called Marnee Thai and even picked something for himself that wasn't too spicy so that we could share it. Then he bought me two new pairs of earrings of my own choosing.
But it doesn't stop there. On Sunday, my actual bday, I requested two things: keep the house picked up and take care of the kids. Justin did both whilst making me a delicious lunch of bleu cheese, pears, hummus and carrots, and a crusty cranberry bread. So good.
He then had the kids say one thing that they love about me. Dylan said that I play with him. (Not true. I'm happy to read to them, but I despise playing legos or trains.) And then Charlie said that I take care of him.
I'm not the type of person that goes crazy over gifts. If I want something, I'd rather go buy it myself. This year, Justin figured that out and gave me all of his time and effort and it totally paid off. I'm going to say that this was my best birthday to date! Thanks for making it great, Hoosteen.

3 comments:
sounds like a fantastic day. i'm so glad you had a happy one.
I am the worst friend EVER!!! Sara said something about your birthday today and I thought, "it's on May 1st, I haven't missed it. Oh wait, it's May 15th." Yikes. I can't believe I missed it. Maybe we can celebrate on Saturday while you babysit my kids! Have I mentioned that I'm the worst friend ever!?!
I love your fun posts! Love the shark bite shirt especially! It was fun to see you last week and get my josie fix...I've been having withdrawls over here on the coast :) And what a great birthday!!! Happy belated bday from me!!!
Post a Comment