The visit that saved the days
Justin's mom came out to take care of my family for ten days. TEN DAYS! It was pure bliss. I spent the majority of my time in my pajamas laying on my left side while she cooked, cleaned, and entertained. The woman has no shortness of energy and I am forever grateful for how she took care of everything while I just layed there and watched.
The first Saturday she was here we went to a berry picking farm in Pescadero. Luckily, I was able to go and we had so much fun. We loaded up on blackberries and Susan made FIVE blackberry cobblers for our family and neighbors. I only had two bites because pregnancy makes me sugar intolerant, but what I did have was delicious.
A grove of Kiwi trees that we will have to visit again in November when they're ripe.
See? I made it!
She read to the kids every night for FOREVER. And was even willing to put up with the 'Captain Underpants' series.
She played four square tournaments daily. (Only after completely cleaning my entire backyard.)
And she picked out flowers with the kids and taught them how to plant them.
We took the kids to Happy Hollow in San Jose. And while I spent my time sitting 90% of the day, she went on rides and entertained. Please take a closer look at Dylan's face. It makes me laugh every time.
And while I was busy taking a four hour nap, Susan and Charlie went on a walk around the neighborhood and created this project.
Susan busted her buns for ten full days for us and was happy the entire time. Charlie says he loves Grandma because she's fun and Dylan says he loves Grandma because she "never got grouchy with me." And I love Grandma because she gave so much of herself to take care of us. I was telling Justin last night that I must feel love through acts of service because during her visit I felt so loved. She is amazing and I always tell her I won the mother in law lottery. Everyone needs a Susan.

2 comments:
this post made me a little teary. i'm so glad you have someone to take care of you! she sounds like the best lady.
I was just going to type 'this post made me cry' and then saw stephanie's!
you definitely won!
Post a Comment