February 12, 2012

My Baby

Photo by my friend Jen





But not for long. In just a few more days, Macy won't be my baby anymore. I told Justin last night that I wish I could just freeze her in time because she's so cute to me right now. He reminded me that I've said that about all of our kids at about this age.

Macy is definitely a mama's girl and wants to do everything with me. Even if we go to the park and there's lots of other kids around, she would prefer to sit with me.

Today after church I was famished and felt so gross from lack of food. I devoured some eggs (with bacon and cheese), some blackberries, grapes, and pear slices, an Italian sausage from Trader Joes, half of a cinnamon raisin bagel, two leftover pancakes from last night's dinner, and two zofran. (I honestly can't believe I eat like this.) But after all of that food, I still wasn't feeling better. While I was sitting in the kitchen chair, with my head hanging down a little, Macy comes up to me and puts her hand on my thigh and says, "You sick, Mama?" She's always checking in on me making sure that I'm okay.

My favorite thing that she does right now is when I tell her she's cute, she'll say, "I'm not cute, I'm a pretty girl!"

Sometimes I'll try to hold her and sing the rock a bye baby song. She thinks it's funny when I tell her she's my baby. "I'm not your baby, Mama" she'll say in her cute little high pitched voice. She may not be my baby for much longer, so I'm soaking it up while I still have the chance.

No comments: