March 30, 2007

What I really want


The mornings for the most part, have been great for me...once I pop a Zofran, I'm ready to go. Today, I got up, ran to the grocery store to buy Easter cookies for the Easter party at Charlie's preschool that I forgot to make. I then came home, got Charlie ready, took him to school, ran some errands, picked Charlie up from school, took him to the park, came home, made him lunch and did sidewalk chalk for a while, put him down for a nap, went to the podiatrist, went to the dentist, and then came home....with Charlie waking up a few minutes later. (Justin was here to watch Charlie while he slept). We then discussed the important things of life like what the difference between an almond and a cashew is and which "bobbie" (blanket) the baby will be allowed to used once he comes.
And now it's 4:56, and I'm exhausted. The concept of cleaning the house seems overwhelming, the thought of dinner grosses me out, and the idea of actually playing with Charlie seems just plain painful. (which is why he's on the couch watching Barney.)

So right now, I wish for a nanny, a housekeeper, and a chef to come over everyday at 4:00. And I wish for me to lay on my bed in my very large pregnant state and watch movies for the rest of the night....until Charlie's already bathed and read to by the nanny...in which case, I would be willing to get out of bed to give him a good night kiss, and then quickly return to my bed to watch my movie. That's all I want. Is that so much to ask?

6 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

i didn't see anything about a personal masseuse.

and, yes, it isn't too much to ask.

BRIAR said...

you don't have help yet??? maybe next year. oh - and what's this 4:00 business. they need to spend the night!

Lia said...

Yeah, your sister's right--4:00 wouldn't cut it. I mean, that wouldn't even give you the freedom of an "afternoon delight"...tee hee hee!

Hilary said...

You totally deserve it. I got tired just reading about your day - and I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant. - Love the picture.

MaryClaire Brown said...

josie...i just found your blog...yay. i loved getting caught up on your fun life and your hilarious take on everything. i love that post. parker will be one in just over a week, and i'm pregnant with my second, so i totally understand how you're feeling. i was beyond impressed with all that you'd done before 4pm. just reading that made me tired. you're awesome. check out my blog when you get a chance... maryclairebrown.blogspot.com
loves,
claire

Anonymous said...

Josie, You are one funny girl and have been a real treat for our kidos in SanBruno. Sheri got a kick put of your blog too because she is in the same condition. Hey girl, our baby Maddie says Josie better then grandma. Lisa says she gets so excited when she hears Josie. Keep the humor coming and I know Lisa and her family are going to miss you beyond words.