August 10, 2007

The Slides

These are the cement slides in Golden Gate Park that I've heard so much about but never actually been to...until today. The friend I went with was smart enough to know that you go WAY faster if you sit on cardboard, so she brought an old diaper box and ripped it up for all the kids. Here's Charlie and his friend, Gaven, cruising down.

They got like three feet of air once they were off the slide just from going so fast. It made me laugh every time. Here's our friend Lily flying down.
And thanks to Lisa, here's a picture of Charlie learning to ride a two wheeler. I think he's the only 3 year old I know that can do it. The kid is obsessed with all things bike.
And this one is just to gross Justin out. I told him that I made Charlie throw the pretzels away after playing with them. Well, maybe I did, or maybe Charlie just put them back in the bag and there's no way I will touch any of them because eating one would be like playing Russian Roulette. Maybe.

5 comments:

sara said...

i never knew of the cement slides at gg park, how lame am i? i feel like that park has so many mysteries that i have yet to unlock. oh yeah, and remind me to never eat another pretzel at your house!

sara said...

p.s. thanks for adding me as a link -- i feel so loved.

BRIAR said...

Charlie is riding a bike??!! That is crazy. Either that, or my kids have "challenges." Those slides are great!

stephanie said...

wow, fun slides! charlie must be tall. i think he is the only 3 year old i know who could ride a big bike like that, too.

Lia said...

Ummm, yeah, diddo on the bike thing! At this rate, by next year he'll be ready to join the Fish men on their Harley man trip!