August 11, 2007

Stress Reliever



I had a friend once tell me that when she's feeling frustrated, she likes to pull off the skin of raw chicken. This doesn't work for me for two reasons. One, I only buy the frozen skinless chicken breasts from Costco. And two, it's disgusting.

I've tried a bunch of different things for handling stress - writing in my journal, going for a walk, calling a friend, or just cruising the aisles of Target. All work well, but the technique that works best for me is to bleach.

When I'm feeling upset, I'll bleach anything...counter tops, the microwave, bathtubs, clothes, floors, sinks, the fridge. Nothing escapes my bright blue spray bottle. There's something so healing about watching something totally grody instantly change to white.

I even like the way it makes my hands burn....that way I know it's really working. And the smell just says, "yes, I'm sanitized." Love it.

Maybe it's the act of scrubbing or maybe it's just the chemicals burning my brain cells...I don't know. But whatever it is, I'm grateful that bleach has helped to restore my sanity during not so sane times.

3 comments:

BRIAR said...

What stress? You don't sit at home eating chocolate, watching Oprah like I do??? Weird.

Jaime said...

Guess who's getting hitched...
CALL ME

Janni said...

Maybe I should take some of your ideas into consideration, I still don't know how to deal with stress!