July 19, 2010

Charlie

This kid has endless amounts of energy. I always tell him that I should hook him up to a treadmill in the morning and run him for an hour before we start the day. He loves to wrestle and rarely cries from getting hurt. He saves the tears for my "disgusting dinners." He could be around friends all day every day and play Star Wars, hide and go seek, and 'monster.' His best friend is Dylan and they spend most of their time building forts and harassing each other.

Charlie is smart and loves to learn. He has great handwriting and loves to do "homework" even during summertime. He would sit and listen to me read books until my voice went hoarse. Depending on his mood, he's a great helper. I've never met a six year old that can clean and organize like this one.

Charlie loves to draw. He checks out "How to Draw..." books from the library and does a pretty darn good job of copying them. He wants to be an illustrator when he grows up. (That is, when he's not busy being a construction worker, dermatologist, or paleontologist.)

Charlie has a gift for mimicking people's voices and always makes me laugh when he does it. I think he could have a Vegas show when he's older. (Shoot for the stars, right?)

He loves his back scratched, his ears cleaned out, and his "yellow bobbie." He loves to ride his scooter barefoot and talk about Star Wars. He loves to watch cartoons or movies and eat pancakes with powdered sugar and syrup.

He's one of a kind. I sure love my Charlie.

1 comment:

Laurel Eldredge said...

It was so fun to see him Sat. He sounds just like Bryce. Bryce loves the how to draw books and actually does run on my treadmill in the mornings!!!