Dylan
Dylan is timid and shy around some people, bossy around some people, snuggly with some people, and just plain funny with others. I love that he has so many aspects to him.
He loves to snuggle and read books before bed. Usually we start with a book for Macy, one for Dylan, and then end with a couple of chapters for Charlie. Since Charlie's books don't have very many pictures and are really wordy, Dylan's usually passed out by the second page. I LOVE having him asleep next to me. There's something just so angelic about it.
If for some reason he manages to stay awake, no matter how tired he is, he will ALWAYS ask for a banana right before bed. "Mom, my tummy's hungry. Can I have a banana?" Sometimes he'll eat the entire thing, but most of the time, it's just a couple of bites.
If he's one on one with a friend, he is all about make believe...playing family, vet, monster, whatever. If there's a big group of people, I'll usually find him off on his own playing with some cars or trains.
He is sensitive. If I even kind of use my grouchy voice with him, he melts into a puddle. The only thing that will help him feel better is an apology from me and a big long snuggle.
Dylan loves his family and wants everyone to have what he has. If we watch a movie where the kid doesn't have parents or an animal is taken away from his family for whatever reason, there will be full blown tears. It is heartbreaking and so stinking cute at the same time. He likes it when we talk about when he was in Heaven before he was born and how excited we were for him to come.
He adores Charlie and loves to wrestle and play games. Charlie is always in charge, and Dylan always lets him. But if for some reason, they cross each other, Dylan can scream like nobody's business. His favorite derogatory name is "meany cat" and has now taught Macy how to say it.
He never wears socks with his shoes, so his feet smell like dead flies. He LOVES his one pair of basketball shorts and gets a little frantic when they're dirty. "Mom, as soon as they're out of the dryer, will you let me know so I can put them on?"
He loves to listen to music with Justin, play at Avery's house, stand on the incinerator looking for cats, color, write his name backwards, eat sugary things, and do anything as a family.
I asked him this morning, "Dylan, how come you're so cute?" He said, "Cuz I'm Dylan." Duh.
Love you, Dyls.

1 comment:
Josie..Dlyan is such a cutie..I just love seeing him on Sunday's and saying hi to him..
Post a Comment