July 17, 2011

Macy


A big chunk of my day is spent laying on my left side in my bed staring out the window at the red chain link fence that separates my house from Jen's. But sometimes I see Macy's cute eyes pop up from beside the bed. "Mommy hi." She's figured out how to climb on and off the bed by herself and every time she does, she says, "Did it, mama" over and over until I say, "You did it, Macy. Good job."

Her new favorite thing is when I sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' to her but do the actions on her legs and tickle her at the end. When she wants me to do that, she'll flop both legs on my stomach and yell, "Itsy, Itsy" until I start singing.

She carries her baby doll around with her everywhere. Yesterday Justin took the kids to Costco and Trader Joe's, and she HAD to have it with her. She's so sweet with it, until she's not. Yesterday she was holding the baby and was mad that I told her no about something. She very slowly started to bite the baby doll's hands and feet, staring at me the whole time.

She can throw a pretty funny tantrum too. Anytime, and I mean anytime, I tell her not to do something, she gets mad. Which usually entails throwing whatever is in her hands and then laying prostrate on the floor. Yesterday, she started spinning herself in a circle on the kitchen floor while laying flat on her back. I was impressed.

She likes to play with my hair and when she pulls it in my eyes, I tickle her to get her to stop. She now thinks this is a game and puts my hair in my eyes just to get tickled.

Some of my favorite words that she says are: pretzel, black keys, love you (ah woo), meany cats, here, and ouch (outz).

She loves strawberries, toast, and her "baba" (sippy cup). She loves her brothers and if she ever sees either of them sad, she quickly runs over and gives them a snuggle and a kiss. She loves to wrap up in her "bobbie" (blanket) and sleep only in a diaper. She loves to look for cats out of the family room window and cruise around naked after a tub. She loves to sit on Justin's lap when he's at the computer and she loves to say the prayer in her cute little voice: "bless (three second pause) mommy. bless (three second pause) daddy."

She just oozes sweetness. I love my Macy.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

i love that i feel like i know your kids, even though i've only met charlie in real life once. and he was just a baby at the time, i think.

hold the phone. why haven't i seen you since then?? that's ridiculous. as soon as you have this next baby we need to get serious about a reunion.

love you.

Jason said...

wow! beautiful photos hoze!